Monday, April 21, 2008

howdy

I'm in Hong Kong right now, and it's actually been a surprise being here. I didn't know what to expect, but this certainly isn't it. I love the pleasantly warm and humid weather, with the clouds and fog rolling above the freakishly tall buildings. It's interesting traveling with my parents and being a "child" again - it'll take some time to get used to.

We visited the largest Buddha statue in the world today, and it was quite the sight. I tried posting up photos (only got 10...) but the internet keeps crapping out. And I really need to use the restroom. You'll have to wait for more photos, and I know some of the pictures are sideways but I'm on vacation and lazy.

Heading for Thailand tomorrow (if you're ever interested in visiting HK, 3-4 days is enough time unless you're a shop-a-holic) and then Cambodia for Angkor-Wat!

No comments: