Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Delhi!

After stops in Bangkok, Phnom Penh, and Siem Reap, I've finally reached Delhi and its scorching heat. The average daily temperature is 104 degrees Fahrenheit / 41 degrees Celsius but it's not humid like the other asian countries so it's completely bearable as long as one is in the shade.

I spent most of today playing with my 2 year old niece (cousin's daughter) who is meeting me for the first time. She actually was really scared for me when she first saw me because of my beard, but after bribing her with some chocolate, photos, and laughs, she's grown fond of me and now even kisses me on the cheek! How easily children warm up to us. It's going to be an interesting 7 weeks with extended family. The longest I've ever stayed in India before this is 4 weeks, I believe, when I was still in elementary school.

No diarrhea yet! Wish me luck with staying that way.

3 comments:

Duy in Japan said...

I guess you don't have to shave that often in India. Dude MaxValu doesn't have the red bean ice cream waffle anymore...I'm so sad...

Have fun in India! Remember to use protection...when you are in the sun!

Annie Chang said...

How big was your beard? were you like a yeti? Must share photos.

DK said...

how did you get so good at warming up little children, i wonder?