I'm leaving for the airport in 4 hours. This trip to Japan has definitely been one of the more interesting ones I've been on - the culture, language, customs, and food have all been obstacles for me at one point or another. Japan, however, will not be the most difficult. Its advanced thinking, amazing public transportation, friendly people, and access to many sights allowed me to easily navigate myself through my initial maze of fear. In some of the following countries I will visit, such as Cambodia and India, I'll have to find things to do, food to eat, sights to see with both a language barrier and lack of advanced social structure. Of course these places will have some sort of public transportation and ability to travel around (many people have done it), but it's going to push me to the next level of seasoned traveler and I'm looking forward to it.
When I have more time to sit down in front of the computer, I will finish uploading my photos of Japan. For now, if you have access to facebook my friend Jimmy has been posting up pictures on a more regular basis.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment